Wednesday 26 June 2013

Auto out of office reply

     Evening! Or morning! Or afternoon! Whichever is appropriate.

     I'm off on holiday very shortly. In fact, if I go to bed now, I will get precisely 1 hour and 44 minutes until my alarm goes off. Woo! So I just wanted to post something to say that if you've been led here by fair means or foul, and comment on a post, I won't be able to get back to you for a little while.Nothing personal, I shall just be incommunicado for the next two weeks.

     But trust me, whenever I see I've had a visit to to this page of me rambling on about bollocks, I am genuinely touched. It means a lot when someone notches up another counter on the 'Post Views'. Comments amaze me, and make me do a Renee Zellwegger cheekbone gurny simper of happiness. Gaining new followers on twitter makes me think 'Are you sure? Really? You do know I would willingly do Ed Balls, right?' (an opinion that is vindicated when I see I've lost a follower. I always think 'Oh. They've found *that* post).

     Never doubt your power as a reader. Today has been a wonderful day, and it has all been because of Mumsnet Bloggers and you, wonderful, warm, funny readers. Trust me, every click means a lot. And as for the comments and retweets...I hope I've already replied to you all, because to know that my words reach just one person is MASSIVE. I tap away at the keyboard, alone at home, and suddenly my words take on another life.

And yes, I still have the earworm. And no, I still haven't learnt the words...

Slipping through my fingers...dah dum de dum de dumm dum, something, something, slipping through my fingers, dee dum dee dum dum, keeps on growing...

2 comments:

Mumsnet Bloggers Ed. said...

Aww. You're ace - hope you have a fab hols.

Put Up With Rain said...

No, YOU'RE ace!